The Just Tri Youth Triathlon was born out of a sincere desire to inspire our youth. More than an opportunity to compete, or even win, it's about encouraging them to embrace a healthy lifestyle.
One that impresses on them values like courage, discipline, determination and dedication.
One that involves making a choice to invest in themselves every day. Whether it's there first "Just Tri" type of experience or one of many.
We hope they learn to love the journey and that it lasts a lifetime.
Age Groups and Distances
7-10 years old
Swim: 50 yards
Bike: 3 miles
Run: 1/2 mile
11-14 years old
Swim: 100 yards
Bike: 6 miles
Run: 1 mile
- Award for all finishers plus 1st place boy and girl of each age
- Post-race refreshments and awards ceremony
- Packet pick-up on July 23rd 3-7 PM at Rock River Rapids Open Shelter
- Transition area open 6-7 AM
- pre-race warm-up/rally 7AM
- Race start time 7:30 AM
- The swim will take place in the Rock River Rapids lap pool. Swimmers will be started one at a time every 20 seconds and swim a serpentine style course.
- The 11-14 age group will start at the North end of the lap pool and swim down and back once, going under lane ropes at the end of the pool to complete 100 meters.
- The 7-10 age group will start at the South end of the lap pool and swim down once for 50 meters.
- All cyclists must wear helmets and appropriate shoes (no open toe, sandals, etc) The bike transition will exit on the west side of the parking lot, turning left on College Hill, then left on James Street. Riders will continue east on James St, and make a right turn into High Park. Riders will remain on main access road through High Park until they reach the makred turnaround at wihich time they will head back to rock River Rapids on the same route. The 11-14 group will complete this loop two times for 6 miles and the 7-10 age group will complete the route one time for 3 miles.
- After they park their bike, runners will exit the transition area towards the east and proceed through the parking lot until they get to James Street where they will take a left. Runners will stay on the sidewalk for an out and back route. The 11-14 age group will have a turnaround at the 1/2 mile mark and the 7-10 age group will reach a turnaround point after 1/4 mile. The Finish Line and cheering fans will be waiting for all athletes in the Rock River Rapids parking lot.
For more information or questions, go to Facebook page:
JUST TRI DERBY YOUTH TRIATHLON
Race Director Sarah Brown